Monday, November 28, 2011

As I type this post, I sense a lot to say but I cannot put the words together.   Ahh, now they begin to flow.  The Thanksgiving holiday was enjoyable.  It was actually even more enjoyable when my two year old niece accidentally launched my trusted blackberry to its fatal demise .  I should have never asked her to bring it to me. I reaped the fruit of my laziness, but it was a good way to get disconnected.  I was just happy to confirm that I selected the insurance.

I enjoyed the fam on Thursday, but went into hermit mode the rest of the weekend and enjoyed every minute of it....even the disconnection time.  I did read a book, "Choices" by Og Mandino.  Based on the decision that I made to quit my sales job with CDC News last week, it was a timely read.  I must admit that my decision to leave was not based on a highly spiritual conscientious choice.  However, for me, it was the right choice to focus on more important matters for me and mine.

Life is Good!  Our lot in life is better than most.  When i finish this post and leave this house, every opportunity is set before me.  We merely need to take that daunting first step and seize hold to the moment.